P&H 1m Sail System
Aluminum Bracket using existing RDFs
Closeup of the Forstay and Block
A little more tweaking and installing the shroud cleats and I can put on the water and start to get the hang of this. In about 6 weeks I hope this’ll give me some extension of my energy competing in the Okumefest Watertribe UltraMarathon. 64 miles is a haul to do in one stretch. Class 1 can use sails, provided there’s wind. Always a catch.
As I get some on-water time I’ll post gps track and review on this blog so stay tuned.
April Fools Day – seemed appropriate to test out new gear. ‘Course the joke was on me as there was barely any wind, go figure. Quite the contrast to the roaring winds of the last day of March. So on this Bunny Slope outing I did manage to make use of the slightest breeze to good effect.
Yes I did put a couple of holes in my deck to anchor the aft stays and place the furled sail forward of my coaming when stowed. A slip knot w bungee keeps it all tidy.
As I only wanted to do two holes I found these cam adjust biners by Nite-ize. Makes for a slightly different movement sequence on the uphaul of the mast but they seem effective and by adding an anchor line with some prusik knot attachments no holes are needed. Happy with it so far.
Now to try this again with more wind. Once I do I’ll provide a speed comparison with gps.